If there’s an expectant mum in your life and she’s chosen you to host the baby shower, it may seem an exciting – but daunting – task. But planning a baby shower can be extremely fun and rewarding, and the games, gifts and
decorations you choose will create a happy, long-lasting memory for you, your girlfriends and the mum-to-be.
Here’s our ultimate guide to planning a baby shower, including baby shower invitations, decorations and games.
Baby shower invitations
For the best chance at getting all the mum-to-be’s loved ones there on the day, send the invitations out six to eight weeks before the baby shower. That will give guests plenty of time to save the date, RSVP, shop for gifts and find a babysitter if needed.
For a casual affair, sending email baby shower invitations is perfectly appropriate. If you’re envisioning a more formal event, go for paper invitations, and have fun with it – the arrival of a baby is a joyful occasion, so let it shine through when the paper comes out of the envelope.
Baby shower decorations
When you’re planning a baby shower, try to nail down the decorations at least three weeks before the event. Here’s how we’d approach baby shower decorations:
- Buy your non-perishable decorations, such as balloons, bunting, ribbons, napkins and table cloths, first 3-4 weeks out from the event.
- Plan and settle on a menu so you can plan to buy non-perishables 3-4 weeks out as well, such as canned goods and baking ingredients.
- The day before the shower, purchase any fruit and vegetables you need, so you have plenty of time to prepare them on the morning of the shower (if you’re not hiring a caterer).
- Buy flowers on the day of the shower.
Baby shower games
The games are the funnest part of any baby shower. To run baby shower games successfully, create an agenda a few days before the event so you’ll know what to get organised and when. Structure will ensure you worry less about organising on the day, and more about participating!
Here are some popular baby shower games:
- Name that tune: prepare a playlist of songs including ‘babe’ and ‘baby’. Play them for 10 seconds each, and have guests write down the name and artist of the tune.
- DIY baby blocks: Get 5cm x 5cm wooden blocks and buy paints and various craft supplies, and have guests decorate their own for the baby. It’ll double as a loving and thoughtful gift for the baby!
- Baby food game: Buy a range of baby food and put them into unlabelled cups or jars. Have guests blind taste them and guess the ingredients.
So, if you’re planning a baby shower, there’s no need to freak out! Start planning early, create an agenda and get everyone laughing with some games, and you’ll have created not only an event, but a beautiful memory for your friends and the guest of honour, the lucky mum-to-be.
Perfect Little Bundles stocks a range of baby gift suitable for baby showers.
My First Flopsy Bunny Baby Gift Hamper is based on a classic tale of Peter Rabbit. A favourite book loved by young and old. Flopsy is the rather sweet, little sister of Peter Rabbit. Flopsy loves picking juicy blackberries with her sisters Mopsy and Cotton-tail. My First Flopsy Bunny Baby Gift features Marquise Romper, My First Flopsy Plush Toy, Emotion and Kids Muslin Wrap, Alimrose Bib and The Tale of Peter Rabbit Book. My First Flopsy Bunny Baby Gift Hamper is a timeless classic, ideal present for a baby shower or welcome gift for a newborn baby.
Classic Essentials Blue Stripe Baby Boy Gift Hamper is a wonderful gift of essentials for the newborn baby boy in your life. Classic Essentials Blue Stripe Baby Boy Gift Hamper features Marquise growsuit, singlet suit, singlet, bibs and muslin wrap. Classic Essentials Blue Stripe Baby Boy Gift Hamper is gorgeous gift for a baby shower or to welcome a newborn baby.
Bath Time Fun Unisex Baby Gift Hamper is exactly that everything parents need for bath time. Bath Time Fun Unisex Baby Gift Hamper features Living Textiles lightweight and luxurious 100% cotton bath towel, Living Textiles 100% cotton face washers, Star and Rose Baby Face body milk gentle on the skin, Star and Rose Baby Face hair and body wash perfect for everyday use and Star and Rose Baby Face bum balm you will never know when you might just need this.
A gift which leaves the recipient and their family feeling bundles of love. Bundles Of Love Unisex Baby Gift Hamper is exactly that, a gift which sends all your love to them.Bundles Of Love Unisex Baby Gift Hamper features the beautiful Marquise clothing range long sleeve growsuits, singlets, singlet suits and bibs. Bundles Of Love Unisex Baby Gift Hamper also include Living Textiles baby shawl a timeless blanket, a Jellycat Bunny a snuggle bunny loved by everyone and a 200ml bottle of bubbles for the new parents to celebrate the arrival of their newborn baby. Bundles Of Love Unisex Baby Gift Hamper timeless elegant gift perfect for a baby shower or to welcome a newborn baby.