Finding out the gender of your baby can be one of the most exciting milestones of your pregnancy. Usually around the 18 to 20-week mark is when the technician can get a clear view – if your baby behaves and turns towards the camera. Some of us are positive that they want to find out the sex of their baby, and then there are some couples that may still be on the fence. If you aren’t too sure if you want to know, just let the technician know that you want to wait, and if you change your mind, you can always ask at your next scan.
We break down the pros and cons to knowing what you’re having or leaving it till delivery day and getting the surprise just before everyone else.
There are some parents that there is no question; they want to know the gender of their baby. Here are some other reasons you may want to discover the sex of your newborn.
- Something to look forward to, almost like a reward halfway through your pregnancy. Especially if it has been a tough one.
- You may want to start to bond or feel like this is all really happening.
- Start your preparation for the nursery and start buying cute gender-specific clothes.
- If you have small children already, it can be a smoother transition for them if they know they have a baby brother or sister on the way.
- You want to pick a name already!
It’s not an old fashion notion. There are a lot of couples that want to wait.
- The birth of your baby is one of the most magical days of your life, and the surprise won’t be spoilt by finding out before the birth.
- The incentive of unveiling the mystery of the sex could help you get through the tough stages of labour.
- Ultrasounds aren’t 100 per cent accurate, imagine thinking you are having a boy, doing all your shopping and it’s a girl.
What did you do?
Find out or wait for the surprise? Either way, we have you covered at Perfect Little Bundles with amazing gifts to shower your baby or if you’re giving a gift choose from our Baby Hampers or nappy cakes to add another surprise to delivery day.